Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Monday 25 March 2013

Zombie Prejudice?

So, a couple of weeks ago I mentioned the end of one of my favourite series Being Human. I was major gutted that it had ended since it was the only British Paranormal Romance series going and I totally loved it.

I'm not someone who watches television, unless, I become addicted to the show eg. Dr Who, which is re-starting this Saturday and it looks freaking amazing can I just say. But after the last episode of Being Human finished an advertisement for a brand new series was shown . . . In the Flesh. 

It is a Zombie series, but it is set after the Zombie apocalypse AND the zombies have been treated and have now been released back in to Society as PDS (Partially Deceased Syndrome) victims. And none of the surviving humans are happy, oh no, and can you blame them?

People who were once Zombies, who ate their family and friends are now back in their neighbourhood trying to lead normal lives again. Even though they can't eat, and they have to wear special make-up and take medicine . . . 

How freaking awesome is that for a story idea?

Life after being a zombie. Zombies now becoming the minority in society, being the focal point of prejudice, and being hunted by small groups who fought against them during the apocalypse.

 It is just one of those programmes that, as a writer, I can't help but think, "damn, I wish I had thought of that." 

It really is such a unique idea. The programme itself is dark. Kieran who is the main character has flashbacks of his life as a Zombie, which I have to say, it must be damn awful remembering eating people . . . *shudders* I mean how do you cope with that? It is witty, and funny, and really thought provoking.

Needless to say, I dig it. I think if you are a fan of Zombies this is definitely a series you should watch. I mean, we have so many films/stories set before the Zombie apocalypse and during, but not a lot set after, and especially not a ton that involve the rehabilitation of former Zombies. Partially Deceased Syndrome. Ha. Don't you just love that?

So, yeah, major pimp-age post today. I think it is a fantastic series and definitely one you should all watch. It's on every Sunday night at 10pm on BBC 3 - for those of you in the UK. For everyone on the other side of the pond you may have to do a little google-ing/youtube-ing to see if you can hunt it down, but if you can, watch it. There has only been two episodes so far so you don't have a lot to catch up on, but you are seriously thrown in to the story straight away.

Have a fab week. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment