Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Monday 3 November 2014

Blood 2 has a beginning!

Hope you all had a fab Halloween. I ate way too much and I actually had a pretty lazy weekend. Dressed up - despite feeling ill on Friday - as a skeleton - no I won't be sharing pictures - I had no face paint so I had to improvise with talc and eye shadow. Needless to say my face didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, but I had led lights and candles on so it was really dark in my house, meaning when Trick or Treaters came round, well, it was too dark for them to notice my lame attempt at being scary.

On Saturday I went to the theatre to watch The Woman in Black. I thought it was very clever how it was done, but instead of reading the book, seeing the show, and then watching the movie, I saw the movie first and I do think once you have seen the movie version of a story you do get it in your head and kinda presume everything else will be like that. Needless to say, I thought it was smart, jumpy yes, but in places it was surprisingly funny also. It was a Saturday afternoon well spent. The only thing that annoyed me is that people left their mobiles on after repeatedly being told by staff at the theatre to turn them off out of respect for the other audience members and performers. It seems some people can literally not live without their mobile, or they are just daft and don't know how to turn the thing on silent. You would think after spending money to see a show you wouldn't want to be interrupted by someone txting you.

The weekend ended with hanging out with my aunt and cousin, binge eating and watching more movies. So yes, lazy weekend I have had, but we are now in to a new week and I must continue with the untitled second book in the Blood Series. I am already 5,100 words in, which means that Blood Book 2 has an actual beginning! Yay! I am liking my new "baddie" so far, well, both of them really - yes there is more than one - the only problem is I feel like I have too much in my head to the point that I can't wade through it. So, I decided that I would use my cork border, or rather the space I like to call; "I need it out of my head."



Believe it or not it has actually helped. Yes, the maps, images and info on this board all relate to the untitled Book 2 in the Blood Series.

Red pins = Vampires. Yellow pins = Werewolves. Gold pins = holding pictures to board lol and the White pins = something not good for those involved.

Got the sword I use for when Heather is showing me fight scenes - yes, I do stand in my room waving that wooden toy around, it helps.

The paper - mwahahahaha - is stuff you're not allowed to know.  Spoilers.

The Heather in the corner of the board I actually purchased in London from a group of children who were raising money for a charity. I was handed a yellow flower and then it was taken off me and the Scottish Heather was placed in my hand. I was told it was lucky. Honestly, I was just amused that a) I was in London, which is one of the central locations in Cranberry Blood, b) it was Scottish Heather, and as you may know Scotland is the main location for both books so far, plus most of the Pack are Scottish, and c) it's Heather, which is of course my main Heroines name. Yes, I'm easily amused.


It's one way for me to empty my head and make a little space. I will no doubt be adding to it as I venture further into this story, but for now I'm just happy I have made a start. Now, let's see if I can manage another 5k this week. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment